Thursday, December 31, 2009

Later 09'

Dear 2009,


you royally sucked. No not completely, but it wasn’t the easiest one that’s for sure. I learned what a panic attack is, had one too many meetings with the police, had the word guilt hanging over for me half the year, some other moments im choosing to stuff down memory lane and hope to never dig up, became too curious about devil candy, got kicked out of the local bar, got strapped to a hospital bed, and at some emotional low point, told my dad to fuck off. Wow! According to that list I shouldn’t even want to show my face. But on the positive side, I do because what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Besides one day I’ll look back and laugh...

On a much more positive or lighter things of 2009, I did start doing probably the best thing I’ve ever done to not feel so lost. To just do what I love to do and be around the people that make me happy. I didn’t do or feel like I had to do things that I didn’t want to do or be apart of. I did an internship for a smaller magazine company that puts on a lot of events. Definitely learned some lessons for my future career while scored some good words for my resume. Attended amazing music concerts such as; Coachella 09!! (no words), Coldplay, Ray Lamontagne, Benny Benassi, Fisherspooner (even though that was a horrible set), Modest Mouse, and Pinback. I realized that life is always up and down and that horrible moments will soon pass because life is always going through phases.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I’m not saying im complete dust in the wind, but all my actions have reactions. I have about a year left of school before I get my B.A. Am saying goodbye to the dental assisting job and hello again to Nordstrom…I’m gaining one more adult responsibility because I have to pay for my phone bill now :/. I’m doing the best thing that I can do right now which is loving like I won’t get hurt and being loved.

I'm stepping off this 2009 ride and getting on a new life decade ride. Wonder how it's gonna be!...Surprising, high, low, fast, slow?? Whatever, I'll try and enjoy the ride no matter what.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment