Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pretty People

Someone told me the other day, "I want to be surrounded by pretty people. Not just good looking people, but people who mean well and have pretty souls too." The statement threw me off because I tried to imagine where this place would be and what was meant behind the obvious statement.


Sure people are good looking in Orange County, but I've seen some of the most wealthy and good looking people in one area at an event held at Pelican Hill and they just didn't fit the whole pretty soul part. You would think that LA has a lot of pretty people, but last time I went to L.A. I found myself in a whole other world. It was where my Blog and Tumblr world was reality. Alexi from IMBOYCRAZY.com was interviewing people about sex and relationships, The CobraSnake was taking his famous pictures of party people, girls that are blogged or in tumblr consistantly were right next to me, half the girls had half-shaved heads, and the dudes wore more jewelry than myself. All while my group that I came with from Orange County couldn't help but notice these obvious trends. People didn't seem pretty there, they just seemed lost in this world of trying to be different from everyone else in th world and looking exactly the same as the person wearing Dr. Martins to the left of them.


So where are these "pretty people with pretty souls at?" People without tatoos, plastic surgery, and a cake-face of make-up. If I had to name somewhere I've been in this lifetime my guess would be down south near San Diego or Del Mar. I only say that because last time I was in Sonoma beach and I asked a couple what bar was fun aroun town. This couple was exactly the "pretty" type. I don't think I'll ever forget them actually. The girlfriend was blonde and the boyfriend had blond hair as well, but very short probably buzzed. He wore vans and brown cords that fit too perfect. Anyways, I couldn't get out of my head how beautiful they were, and how pretty they were together. We ended up running into them later at the Pinback concert and I couldn't help but stare.


Is it weird that people want to be surrounded by pretty people? I guess not, even babies and kids are naturally attracted to them...Good looking people are seen to be more smart and trust worthy. I guess as sad as this is, pretty people are just more fun to stare at.




No comments:

Post a Comment