Monday, October 12, 2009

Ring a ting ting MUSIC

    Another day, unlike any other day sitting in my marketing class. My professor (who’s pretty good looking as if that matters) asked the class to bring or wear something that represented us. I chose to bring my ipod as if it wasn’t with me anyways. I chose to bring it because I thought all the play list represented a time or event in my life that I can look back on. There’s a play list that I listened to while training for a marathon, a play list dedicated to a former boyfriend, one for summer time relaxing the pool and you get the point.

    Anyways, after I volunteered my item to display, my teacher went into detail about how music is the one thing that people consider to show as a reflection of how they're perceived or want to be. It’s an example of the extended self. He also stated that if you ask someone what kind of music they listen to, and they respond with “Nothing” to just turn around and run. 
    In relation to music and the music industry, Ray Holmes who works for RMWX based in Canada was so kind to let me interview her for a school article. Here’s the link and listen away people! After all, you are being judged by what you listen to.

http://rmwx.tv/





No comments:

Post a Comment