Thursday, June 16, 2011

Leprechaun Ransack

Just wanted to go home and get out of my over-heated hooded Tavik sweatshirt. So why not stop by my house on the way home from lunch with the three kids that I nanny for? Only to walk up to my front door and find it slightly open which seemed a bit strange because nobody else's car was home. I found it even more odd that our 52 inch flat screen TV was just sitting on the floor unplugged as well as cigar cases opened on the couch.


My initial flight or fight didn't even trigger when I walked into my room and found drawers opened clothes misplaced. Sadly, my first reaction was to make sure my computer was still where I left it, and it was, but my old and most favorite cannon camera wasn't. That's when I felt like I had been intruded by Goldie Locks-That Bitch.


I couldn't wear my expression of fear in front of the kids because I didn't want them to feel scarred. I had checked the other rooms and closet's to make sure nobody was hiding. For some reason it just seemed logical to do that instead of staying in a house with an unknown Leprechaun. When I saw my dad's room torn from wall-to-wall, I knew I had to call and tell him "Dad, we've been robbed."


Before calling I thought-okay, how can I tell my dad, without making it seem dramatic as possible. When I said we've been robbed over the phone, the kids eyes' widened like an Indian on Opiates. After I got off the phone with my dad, the youngest boy of 4 years-old looks at me dead serious in the eye and says, "Candace, there's no such thing as burglars. It was a leprechaun."

No comments:

Post a Comment